Medex Plus, Inc will be considered a business associate to our clients under the definition set forth by HIPPA. A business associate is defined as an organization that, on behalf of a healthcare provider, performs or assists in the performance of any function or activity involving the use or disclosure of individually identifiable health information. This includes claim processing or administration, data analysis, utilization review, quality assurance, billing, benefit management, practice management, and re-pricing.
Medex Plus has prepared this business associate agreement (BAA) in accordance with the HIPPA Omnibus Rule to document the policy and procedure for privacy and security of patient PHI.
As a business associate of our clients Medex Plus, Inc will perform the following:
- Medex Plus will submit transactions in a HIPPA standard format on behalf of our clients.
- Medex Plus will perform all obligations outlined in our Services Agreement as agreed upon by our clients.
- Medex Plus acknowledges that it signs into a Business Associate Agreement with each client that meets required elements mandated by HIPPA, and that it meets and remains in compliance with all arrangements outlined in the agreement.
- Medex Plus will make all internal documentation concerning its role as a business associate accessible when requested.
- Medex Plus will determine if our clients have violated any HIPPA, Stark II or other pertinent regulations and address any violations with the client. Medex Plus will access the need for corrective action and/or immediate termination of our Business Associate Agreement and Billing Agreement. In addition, any suspected violation by Medex Plus will be investigated and addressed with the client in a timely and honest manner.
- Medex Plus will oversee the secure storage, return or destruction of all PHI received from or created on behalf of our clients.